50 Cent was born Curtis James Jackson III on July 6, 1975, in the borough of Queens in New York City. He was raised by a single mother in the neighborhood of Jamaica. His mom worked as a drug dealer and died in an unexplained fire when Jackson was only eight years old; after her death, he was raised by his grandmother.
50 Cent Biography
Curtis James Jackson III (born July 6, 1975) is an American celebrity who is one of the top personalities in the entertainment industry. He is known professionally by the moniker 50 Cent.
He is a rapper, songwriter, actor, TV producer, film director, and entrepreneur. As a musician, he has collaborated with leading labels like Interscope, Columbia, and Universal Records.
50 Cent has sold over 30 million albums globally and has won thirteen Billboard Awards and four BET Awards.
50 Cent Biography: Net Worth, Wife, Movies, Age, House, TV Shows, Girlfriend, Children, Mother, Songs, Shot, Albums, Wikipedia, Instagram
Wiki Facts About 50 Cent
View this post on Instagram
- Real Name: Curtis James Jackson III
- Stage Name: 50 Cent
- Born: 6 July 1975 (age 46 years old)
- Place of Birth: South Jamaica, New York, United States
- Nationality: American
- Height: 1.83 m
- Parents: Sabrina Jackson, Curtis James Jackson Jr.
- Siblings: N/A
- Wife • Spouse: Not Married
- Girlfriend • Partner: Nikki Nicole (Stylist) (2018-2019), Tattedup Holly (2013-2015), Daphne Joy (2011-2012), Chelsea Handler (2010), Jessica White (2007), Ciara (2007-2012), Victoria Rowell (2006-2017), Joy Bryant (2005-2006), Nia Long, Vivica A. Fox (2003), Meagan Good (2002-2003), Shaniqua Tompkins (1994-1998), Halle Berry, Mya, Natalie Gauvreau, Teairra Mari (2016), Lindsay Lohan (2010-2011), Kim Kardashian (2009), Paris Hilton (2008), Layla Rumi (2006), Naomi Campbell (2004), Karrine Steffans (2000), Dollicia Bryan, Emily Meade (2009-2010), Brianna Frost, Suelyn Medeiros, Elise Neal, Misa Hylton, Olivia Longott, Kat Stacks, Sky Nellor, Vanessa Marcil, Melyssa Ford
- Children: Marquise Jackson, Sire Jackson
- Occupation: Rapper • Actor
- Net Worth: US$550 million
Early Life Of 50 Cent
50 Cent was born to Sabrina Jackson (mother) and Curtis James Jackson Jr. (father). He arrived in the world on the 6th of July 1975. He was born and raised in the South Jamaica neighborhood of Queens, New York City.
He was the only child of his parents. His mother, Sabrina Jackson, died in a fire accident when he was eight years old. After the death of his mother, he was raised by his grandmother.
From the age of eleven, he had begun boxing, and by the time he turned fourteen, he began to frequent a boxing gym for local youth in his community. He adopted the nickname 50 Cent as a metaphor for change.
50 Cent studied at public-owned institutions in New York City.
He is an alumnus of Andrew Jackson High School.
- After selling drugs in the ’80s, 50 Cent decided to pursue his passion for music. In 2000, he produced Power of the Dollar for Columbia Records but was shot days before release.
- The shooting happened on the 24th of May 2000, two days before he planned on shooting the music video for Thug Love. Despite having eighteen songs on the album, the project was never released.
- On recovering from the injuries he suffered from the gunshots, he worked on and released the mixtape, Guess Who’s Back? in 2002. The mixtape brought him to the attention of Eminem, and he was signed to Shady Records and began collaborating with Aftermath Entertainment (owned by Dr. Dre) and Interscope Records.
- 50 Cent received support from Eminem and Dr. Dre in recording the songs on his debut studio album. The album, which is titled Get Rich or Die Tryin’, catapulted 50 Cent into the limelight and helped him become one of the world’s best-selling rap artists.
- His desire to help other artists grow made him found G-Unit Records in 2003. He signed G-Unit associates Young Buck, Lloyd Banks, and Tony Yayo to the label.
- His sophomore album, The Massacre, was released in 2005. His third studio album is titled Curtis, which he dropped in 2007. 50 Cent‘s fourth and fifth studio albums are Before I Self Destruct and Animal Ambition. They were released in 2009 and 2014, respectively.
- 50 Cent is one of the leading filmmakers in the United States. He starred in and served as an executive producer of Power‘s TV series. He has also starred in movies such as Home of the Brave, Get Rich or Die Tryin’, Righteous Kill, Escape Plan, Before I Self Destruct, Streets Of Blood, Dead Man Walking, 13, and Caught in the Crossfire.
- The rapper 50 Cent has won scores of awards and earned numerous nominations. Notable mentioned are thirteen Billboard Awards, a Grammy Award, six World Music Awards, three American Music Awards, and four BET Awards. So far, he has sold over 30 million albums worldwide.
50 Cent has over 28 million followers on Instagram and over 12.5 million followers on Twitter.
- Instagram handle: @50cent
- Twitter handle: @50cent
50 Cent welcomed his first child with his girlfriend, Shaniqua Tompkins, on the 13th of October 1996. Their son was named Marquise Jackson. They became separated in 2008.
- He birthed another child with his girlfriend, Daphne Joy. Daphne Joy is a model and the mother of 50 Cent‘s second son named, Sire Jackson. Sire Jackson was born on the 1st of September 2012.
- 50 Cent has been involved with Nikki Nicole (Stylist) (2018-2019), Tattedup Holly (2013-2015), Daphne Joy (2011-2012), Chelsea Handler (2010), Jessica White (2007), Ciara (2007-2012), Victoria Rowell (2006-2017), Joy Bryant (2005-2006), Nia Long, Vivica A. Fox (2003), Meagan Good (2002-2003), Shaniqua Tompkins (1994-1998), Halle Berry, Mya and Natalie Gauvreau.
- He has had experiences with Teairra Mari (2016), Lindsay Lohan (2010-2011), Kim Kardashian (2009), Paris Hilton (2008), Layla Rumi (2006), Naomi Campbell (2004), Karrine Steffans (2000), and Dollicia Bryan.
- 50 Cent is reputed to have attached with Emily Meade (2009-2010), Brianna Frost, Suelyn Medeiros, Elise Neal, Misa Hylton, Olivia Longott, Kat Stacks, Sky Nellor, Vanessa Marcil, and Melyssa Ford.
- 50 Cent has no married wife.
- He resides in a Connecticut mansion. He has other homes in prime locations in the United States. In 2007, Forbes listed 50 Cent as the second wealthiest rapper after Jay-Z.
Net Worth Of 50 Cent
- 50 Cent has made money not just from music but his business investments.
- He has an estimated net worth of US$550 million.