CASSPER NYOVEST BIOGRAPHY, AGE, EARLY LIFE, FAMILY, EDUCATION, SONGS, ALBUMS, NET WORTH
Refiloe Maele Phoolo, professionally known as Cassper Nyovest, is a South African rapper, songwriter, entrepreneur and record producer. Born and raised in Mahikeng, North West, he is regarded as one of the most successful artists in South Africa. In 2014, he established his own record label, Family Tree Records.
Cassper Nyovest Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Refiloe Maele Phoolo
- Popular As: Cassper Nyovest
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: rapper
- Nationality: South African
- Race / Ethnicity: African
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
- Cassper Nyovest early life
- Age / How Old?: 31years
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Date of Birth: December 16, 1990
- Place of Birth: Montshioa, Mahikeng, North-West Province, South Africa
- Birthday: December 16, every year.
Cassper Nyovest early life
Cassper Nyovest is a South African rapper, songwriter, entrepreneur, and record producer, he was born on December 16, 1990, as Refiloe Maele Phoolo in Montshioa, Mahikeng, North-West Province, South Africa, and raised there.
Nyovest is regarded as one of the most successful artists in South Africa. In the year 2014, he established his own record label, Family Tree Records. He rose to fame with the release of his debut studio album, Tsholofelo (2014) which produced the successful singles “Gusheshe” and “Doc Shebeleza”.
With his success of selling out tickets for his concert, Fill Up The Dome (2015) which was held at Ticketpro Dome in Johannesburg. The success of the event pursued Nyovest with the affix “Fill Up” to instigate more concerts in different stadiums annually, including Orlando Stadium (2016) as well as FNB Stadium (2017), also both in Johannesburg, Moses Mabhida Stadium (2018) in Durban, and Royal Bafokeng Stadium (2019) in North West.
He released his eponymous studio album, Refiloe, released on 31 October 2015, at his Fill Up The Dome concert. The album collaborates with several artists including The Game, DJ Drama, Stonebwoy, along Casey Veggies. Nyovest followed his success with his critically acclaimed third album Thuto (2018) and his kwaito-focused fourth studio album, Sweet and Short (2019).
Cassper Nyovest Age
Nyovest is 31 years old, he was born on December 16, 1990, in Montshioa, Mahikeng, North-West Province, South Africa
Cassper Nyovest Height
Nyovest stands at an average height and has moderate weight. He appears to be quite tall in stature if his photos, relative to his surroundings, are anything to go by. However, details regarding his actual height and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We are keeping tabs and will update this information once it is out.
Cassper Nyovest Education
Cassper attended the Sol Plaatjie Secondary School where he was an athlete and partook in different sports. He began rapping at the age of 12. He failed his grade 10 exams in 2006, which led him to move to his grandmother’s house in Potchefstroom. Therefore, in 2007, he decided to drop out of high school at the age of 16.
Cassper moved to Johannesburg in 2008 to pursue a career in music as a rapper and produce, after telling his parents he would rather chase a dream, which he believed would work out, rather than playing it safe and regretting it his whole life.
Cassper Nyovest Parents and Siblings
Cassper was born on December 16, 1990, in Mafikeng, a borough of North West, to Muzuki Phoolo (mother) and Letsebela Phoolo (father). Cassper has a sister Tsholofelo Phoolo, and his late brother, Khotso Phoolo who died in 2003.
Cassper Nyovest Wife, Girlfriend
Nyovest is married to his wife Thobeka Majozi. The couple has been blessed with a baby boy named Khotso Izwe Simba Phoolo.
Cassper Nyovest Music Career
He started rapping when he was in grade 6, at the age of 12. At the age of 16 years, he dropped out of school to pursue his career in music. In 2004 he was a member of a group called Childhood Gangsters (CHG) which was later disbanded. He then joined ‘Slow Motion’- an eight-member group including Ganja Beatz Producer, Aashish Gangaram of Feel d’ Dream Entertainment.
In 2008 at the age of 17 Cassper signed a record deal with ‘impact Sounds’, arguably the strongest Motswako label at the time with artists such as Tuks Senganga & Morale to name a few. After 2 full years with the label, Cassper & ‘Impact sounds’ parted ways to start their own label but it did not succeed.
A few months later he wrote the song “Holla at a Pantsula”, the song became an instant hit in his neighborhood and got him recognition from a few reputable record labels. Motswako rapper HHP spotted Nyovest at a performance and he was impressed and even featured him on ‘Wambo Tseba Mtho’ on his album ‘Dumela’. He invited Cassper on his international tours where he gained exposure as an artist.
In 2014 he was involved in a highly publicized ‘beef’ with AKA which led to both artists recording diss tracks about each other. In 2013 he released his first official single ‘Gusheshe’ from his debut album ‘Tsholofelo’. His second single ‘Doc Shebeleza’ was a major hit as it peaked at number 4 on South Africa’s official music chart.
Cassper Nyovest released his debut album, Tsholofelo, on 18th July 2014. Tsholofelo shot to number 1 immediately on release on iTunes and remained there for 9 weeks. The album hit a record 12 cities sold-out tour in South Africa, a further 15 shows titled #Tsholofelo4Platinum followed which also sold out at every venue.
Tsholofelo went Gold in a little over 2 months of release, then in just 8 months of release went Platinum. In October 2014 he was ranked number 2 on ‘The Hottest MC in Africa’ list by MTV Base. He was also ranked number 2 on MTV MTV Base’s ‘ SA’s Hottest MC’ list.
Cassper Nyovest Awards
- 2015 MTV African Music Awards Winner: Best African HipHop Act
- 2015 African Music Awards Winner: Best Sothern Africa Male Artist and Best African HipHop Award
- 2015 BET Awards: Nomination; International Viewers choice award – Best African Act
- 2015 14th Metro FM Awards Winner: Best Male Artist, Song of the year, Best Hit single, Listeners choice award, and Best HipHop Album
- 2015 South African Music Awards Winner: Best New Comer
- 2014 Channel O Africa Music Awards Winner: Most Gifted African Male artist, Most gifted Southern Artist, and Most Gifted African video of the year
- 2014 South African HipHop Awards: Winner Album of the year – Tsholofelo, Song of the year – Doc Shebeleza, and Best digital sales – Tsholofelo
- 2013 South African HipHop Awards Winner: Song of the year – Gusheshe, Video of the year – Gusheshe, Best Freshman and Best collaboration – Gusheshe ft OKMalumKoolKat
Cassper Nyovest Net Worth
- Nyovest has a net worth of $3 million as of 2022. This includes his assets, money, and income.
- His primary source of income is his career as a rapper, songwriter, entrepreneur, and record producer.
- Through his various sources of income, Nyovest has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Cassper Nyovest house
- On his Twitter account, Cassper Nyovest unveiled luxurious pictures of his 10 million Rand mission. Captioning it, he said: ‘TBT to when I bought my dream house and made my mama proud’. The house is ornately decked with sophisticated materials and cute interior decors.
- His mansion also comes with a beloved studio apartment, four garages and a cigar lounge.
View this post on Instagram